Friday, March 20, 2009

Sylvia Fowles makin' bank in Russia

Insight into Fowles' personality:

"But I like being by myself. I draw. I didn't think I would enjoy being by myself this much."

and:

Fowles never won a national championship with the Lady Tigers -- her college career ended with her hurling her mouthpiece in the stands in frustration after LSU fell to archrival Tennessee in the final seconds of the national semifinal in 2008 -- but every season she was there the team went to the Final Four.

and:

At the Beijing Olympics, Fowles' radiant personality -- she has a penchant for hugging friends and well-wishers -- along with her excellent play made her a striking figure. Back in Baton Rouge, when the opening ceremonies were being aired at a favorite haunt of the LSU athletic community near campus, a cheer went up when "Big Syl" was shown soaking in the spectacle half-a-world away.

Big Syl is also making about $700,000. Not freakin bad.

Link: http://blog.nola.com/lsusports/2009/03/former_lsu_lady_tigers_standou.html

No comments: