Thursday, March 19, 2009

Draft day lunch with Candace Parker

I guess they're not having the WNBA draft the day after the NCAA finals anymore. Wonder why.

But CP is going to host a lunch for fans on draft day, Thursday, April 9 in Los Angeles. Here's the email I got earlier tonight:

Join 2008 #1 draft pick, Rookie of the Year and MVP Candace Parker at ESPN Zone as she watches the Los Angeles Sparks pick their newest members of the team during the 2009 WNBA Draft on ESPN. Enjoy lunch, mingle with Candace Parker and hear from head coach Michael Cooper and General Manager Penny Toler as they give you an exclusive behind the scenes talk (via webcam) after each pick.

Where:
ESPN Zone
1011 S. Figueroa St
Los Angeles, CA 90015

When:
Thursday, April 9
11:30 AM – 2:30 PM

All MVPs attending with a REFERRAL will receive an autograph coupon to Opening Night post-game team autograph session

BUY season tickets at the event and receive a signed Lisa Leslie photo!

Pay $20 now or $30 at the door. Entry fee includes lunch and a donation to Tickets for Kids for Opening Night.

Space is limited to the first 150 MVPS!

If you want to go, you send an email to: rsvp@la-sparks.com

I don't know if I'm going yet. I'd like to, but I don't know if I can handle the sight of a nine months pregnant CP. I'll see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hay Sue, It would be good to see you. I got me and Jazmin tickets. I talked to caoch reguarding viedo footage and he says he's working on it. The girls banquet will be at the Hometown Buffet in Hawthrone on April 24,2009...I have to get back with you reguarding a time....Talk to you soon...Prepkiidmom#20

Sue Favor said...

Thanks for the info! I've marked my calendar. And see you Thursday at the lunch! This is going to be great. :-)