Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hoopism is five years old

On this day in 2008, I put up my first blog entry in this space. Countless games, analyses and events later, this post is my 3,952nd. Along the way I've had a great time, made some friends, learned some things, networked, and been to a few Final Fours. My goal remains the same: to tell the story of women's basketball, at whatever level.

I'm a good person for this mission, because I am a fan-atic for basketball. I push other, significant things aside to attend games all the time. The sweetest sound to me is the "squeak squeak" of shoes on a court and the sound of a ref's whistle when pulling up to a gym.

Thank you to the hundreds of peeps who pass by each day and view the page - I appreciate it. And as always, if you know of a story that should be told, please let me know.

10 comments:

HuskyGirl1 said...

Wheres the update on UConn Wmns Bball trip to the White House? Come on Sue

Abacus Reveals said...

3952 posts in 5 years -- that's 2.16 posts a day, every day.
I admire your persistence and genuinely appreciate your effort and time.
A tip of the fedora to you, ma'am.

Sue Favor said...

Huskygirl, don't I always get all the links up by the end of the day? Hang in there.

Abacus, thank you!

HuskyGirl1 said...

By the way. Happy 5th Birthday Hoopism

Sue Favor said...

Thank you, my friend. I appreciate you coming here and posting your comments.

I'm finally home and am going to put up your link in five, four, three......

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I enjoy the blog! Keep up the good work!

HuskyGirl1 said...

Still no UConn links.

Sue Favor said...

Check the middle of this post:

http://hoopism.blogspot.com/2013/07/aaaaaand-were-back.html

JM said...

Congratulations Sue! Your blog is a highlight of my day and I wish you continuing success with your wonderful insight on women's basketball.

Looking forward to seeing you at USC WBB games soon!

Sue Favor said...

Hey JM, thank you so much for the kind words - you completely made my evening. Definitely come say hello to me at an SC game.