Friday, February 25, 2011

Who is Pac-10 player and coach of the year?

Florida beat Vanderbilt in Nashville tonight for the first time since 2004.

#21 Marist has extended their winning streak to 22 games.

Look who's fighting now: Rutgers and the University of South Florida. USF's Porche Grant has been suspended for two games.

Cynthia Cooper-Dyke is making great strides at UNCW.

Sports Illustrated has noticed that young guards are making an impact in the NCAA this year.

The Georgetown women are making a name for themselves.

Left coast hoops thinks Jeannette Pohlen of Stanford should be Pac-10 player of the year, and conference coach of the year should go to OSU's Scott Rueck. I haven't made up my mind on my player pick yet, but I've thought Rueck should win for a long time. He has my vote.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pohlen has my vote for player of the year. I honestly can't think of anyone else in the Pac 10 who has had the year she has.

COY, ya the fact that Rueck could actually field a team and have them actually win some games is impressive. But they are 2-14 in the Pac 10. If that was the case then an argument could be made for June Daugherty as well. If Stanford runs the table I would say it will be Tara, with Nikki in 2nd place.