Friday, July 31, 2009

Cal Swish beats Boo Williams!

48-40 in the Nike Nationals title game in North Augusta. I admit I'm surprised, but happily so:

The Swish led for practically the entire game. It opened up a double-digit lead with 10 minutes left in the second half and refused to let Boo Williams’ press dissolve that lead.

Another view here.

I wonder who Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis will play for next summer?



Hey, I think that's it for the July recruiting period, ladies and gentlemen. Young ballers everywhere are now breathing a sigh of relief.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I had a great time at Nike Nationals. The competition was exactly what I expected, especially in the final round with the 8 top teams playing great.

I finally saw some impressive talented young ladies who I can now put faces and names to style of play.

If anyone needs scors by the players for all the games I have all of the score sheets from the games.

Finally congrats to Cal Swish their last 4 games they defeated every remaining undefeated team to win the chamionship.
They beat Tartan in the final pool round game, a game they had to win by 11 or more to get into the Gold Bracket Finals(they won by over 30)
They then beat Tenn Flight(5-0 in pool Play)
Fairfax who was 6-0
Boo Williams who was 7-0.

Note: I did post a comment on the Cy Fair topic that is now on the next page of the blog.

IM in OC

Sue Favor said...

Thanks again for the phone calls/updates while you were there, IM. That was awesome of you. I'm still amazed Swish won.