Friday, May 15, 2009

Yolanda Griffith to retire after this season

Though she just signed with the Indiana Fever earlier this spring, it will be Yolanda Griffith's last team. The legendary forward announced today she'll retire after this WNBA season - her 13th as a pro. Griffith is a two-time Olympic gold medalist, a seven-time WNBA all-star, a member of the WNBA's all-decade team, and will have played pro ball for 13 years when she steps down.

“My career in the WNBA has given me a lot of great memories and friendships,” said Griffith. “At this time, I, with my family, have made the decision to make this season my last. I look back on all the great basketball memories, my accomplishments and my life as a WNBA player, with a smile. But I look forward to my future goals with enthusiasm.”

Link: http://www.wnba.com/fever/news/Yolanda_Griffith_final_season_090515.html

No comments: