Wednesday, March 25, 2009

More "there's hope"

It was good enough that a couple of my former male students are always talking to me about Tennessee. One of them initiated a conversation about the Vols this morning as I walked to my office. Now another boy just came in the office on his way to track practice, and the discussion began with Tennessee. But he started talking about who was going to win the women's tournament this year, just like my boy did this morning. They not only know who's in the sweet 16, but they each have a theory about who will win it all.

As if that wasn't good enough, a third student told me a while ago that he saw me at Saturday night's game - he was there to support Marist.

My heart is warm and fuzzy, because if teenage boys are starting to pay attention, there is hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it - where do you teach - I'll send my daughter their!

Sue Favor said...

Naw, you don't want to do that - believe me. ;-)