Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dream-Sparks trade

My Sparks rep is the best. An hour and a half ago, right before I went into my last class, he emailed me to tell me about the trade the Sparks just made with the Atlanta Dream: the rights to Chamique Holdsclaw for Atlanta's first-round pick at number 13. The Sparks hadn't had a first-round pick in the 2009 draft, but now they feel like they can get someone who will stick with the team, my rep says.

In a news release to Sparks season ticket holders shortly afterward, General Manager Penny Toler said "This is the beginning of what we hope is a great offseason for the Sparks."

The 13th pick in the 2009 draft originally belonged to the San Antonio Silver Stars. It was traded to the Dream along with Camille Little and Chioma Nnamaka in exchange for center Ann Wauters, guard Morenike Atunrase and Atlanta's 2009 second round pick.

WOO! A win-win for both. Because I like Holdsclaw and want to see her play again, and with this trade, the Sparks now have a chance at getting a guard or a forward.

Good times.

No comments: