Friday, December 6, 2013

#5 Kentucky 133, #9 Baylor 130 (4OT)

Highest-scoring Division I women's game in history:

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Jennifer O'Neill dreamed that No. 5 Kentucky's game against No. 9 Baylor would come down to a buzzer-beater.

She just didn't imagine it could be any one of five buzzers.

O'Neill scored a career-high 43 points, including the go-ahead basket in the fourth overtime, and Kentucky beat Baylor 133-130 on Friday night in the highest-scoring Division I women's game in history.

"I don't feel anything right now," said O'Neill, who set a school scoring record. "I thought it was more overtimes to be honest."...........

The previous high for a Division I women's game was 252 points in SMU's 127-125 win over TCU, also in four overtimes, on Jan. 25, 1997.


Full scoreboard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great game! It could have gone on all night. One of Baylor's 5 freshmen, #13 Nina Davis, had a senior's line: 38 minutes, 20 points and 11 rebounds.