Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Notre Dame sweeps, claims Big East Championship

Notre Dame: Big East Champs. It was a steal by Skylar Diggins and Natalie Achonwa layup with 1.8 seconds to do that sealed the deal for the Irish.

Notre Dame swept the series with UConn this year, and for the first time in 20 years, the Huskies did not take home the trophy.

Elsewhere:

South Dakota State beat South Dakota for the Summit League title.

In Irvine, Calif. it's the first day of the Big West Conference Tournament, and Cal State Fullerton just upset Long Beach State, 54-48.

Today's scoreboard.

Non-tournament:

Chris Wilegus has resigned as Dartmouth's head coach after 28 seasons.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cooper out at USC. The AD said he will lead the search committee himself for the new coach.

HuskyGirl1 said...

Question Sue: Honestly, do you love seeing UConn lose? Its like while I'm reading your Articles, I can see this huge smile on your face as you type. Lol Me personally, I stopped caring about Tennessee 3 yrs after Pat stopped the rivalry. Just curious

Sue Favor said...

It's not that serious for me. I find myself being more "for" teams at this stage in my life than "against" them. Notre Dame is a fun team to watch. I'm looking forward to watching Jewell Loyd turn into a star.

HuskyGirl1 said...

Is she the only one? What about B Graves?

Sue Favor said...

Well if you want to expand it to all NCAA freshmen, then Graves is most def on the "fun" list, as is Alexis Jones of Duke.

HuskyGirl1 said...

Cool