Monday, March 23, 2015

Bishop statement; player and coaching movement

Azia Bishop:

The suspended Kentucky senior issued a statement the day after the Wildcats lost in the second round:

“I had an amazing four years at the University of Kentucky. My season did not end the way I wanted it to, as I was suspended for Sunday’s game due to a curfew violation. I had a lapse in focus and it’s a decision I will regret for the rest of my life. However, it’s a lesson learned, and I respect Coach Mitchell’s decision. This will only better me as a person in the future and shape me to become a woman of substance and who Coach Mitchell has taught me to be.

“I would like to thank the Big Blue Nation for all of their support and love that they have shown me over the last four years. I love everyone associated with the Big Blue Nation and the University of Kentucky, and I want to thank you all.”


Player news:

Tori Jarosz won't pursue a sixth year of eligibility at Marist.

Coaching news:

Jimmy Dykes is more committed than ever as Arkansas' coach.

Coach Ty Margenthaler has resigned at Southeast Missouri.

North Florida is not renewing 23-year coach Mary Tappmeyer's contract.

Today's WNIT results:

Michigan 74, Toledo 58
Sacramento St 84, Eastern Washington 49
Saint Mary's 83, Fresno State 64

No comments: