Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hot hoops weekend

While I was in the Bay watching the Cal-Oregon game yesterday, #3 Notre Dame was upsetting #2 UConn, 74-67. The Irish have now become the Big East team to beat, ESPN says.

Earlier today, St. John's upset #12 Louisville 72-64. I was watching the first hour of the game as I packed up my stuff at the hotel, and I had a feeling the Red Storm would do it.

Elena Delle Donne put up a whopping 40 points in #20 Delaware's win over George Mason. She is ridiculous.

#5 Maryland needed an overtime to fend off #23 North Carolina. The Terps seem like they're about to have an upset.

Sadness: DePaul senior forward Keisha Hampton is out for the season with knee trouble.

Bonuses......

WNBA:

Carol Ross held her first press conference Friday. Check the audio.

International news:

Australian basketball star Rachel Jarry and a friend were assaulted by an armed gang, but are OK.

No comments: