Monday, December 8, 2008

Upsets and mysterious transfers

So first thing this morning, I saw this - Kentwood High School of Kent, WA upset number one-ranked St. Mary's of Stockton:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/highschoolsports/2008477937_prephoops07.html

I didn't see that one coming, at least not this early.

Then I just got home from my high school scouting adventure to hear that Rutgers pulled out a horrible game against Georgia, and guess who was sitting in the stands and not playing? Freshmen Jasmine Dixon of Long Beach Poly! I didn't see this one coming either:

http://www.nj.com/rutgerswomen/index.ssf/2008/12/rutgers_freshman_jasmine_dixon.html

Obviously this is fresh, spankin' new information. But why didn't this newspaper give a reason other than Stringer's comment that "it's not a good fit"? And where is she transferring to? More information better come out in coming days. Those of us who just watched Dixon play for four years deserve an explanation.

No comments: