Wednesday, December 17, 2008

No-woman's land

In the wake of twelfth-ranked Duke's victory last night over fourth-ranked Stanford (WOO HOO!), tonight is the battle of the unranked teams, as no top-25 names hit the hardwood.

My UCLA Bruins take on Rice, and two of my other favorite Southwestern teams collide, as UC Riverside visits Arizona. Oregon is at Marquette. And in what could be the game of the evening, Florida A&M (4-3) is at Alabama (6-3).

Last night, Dawn Staley's South Carolina squad beat Upstate Carolina, which I hadn't heard of. Rebecca says they're new.

3 comments:

Mike said...

I went to Temple from 2003-07 and was there during Dawn Staley's greatest coaching season (04-05). They just kept winning and winning. It's still a shock that she left for South Carolina; she remains legendary in regards to Temple women's basketball and is like a first lady in Philly.

It's just weird seeing "Dawn Staley's South Carolina squad" I guess :).

We're actually looking for more people to blog about NCAA women's ball at www.collegefanz.com, the largest college sports site on the net. The users are looking for knowledgeable blogs to comment on; I think your writing would do well there in acquiring a dedicated audience.

All you'd have to do, if you'd like, is create a free and easy blog and copy and paste full college sports articles from your current blog to your College Fanz blog. You can even link to your blog here from collegefanz.com, thus gaining more traffic for your non-college entries.

I think it could be mutually beneficial and I know people will be interested in some women's hoop content (I certainly can't wait!).

Hope to hear from you soon.

Mike

Sue Favor said...

So how would I get hold of you, Mike?

Mike said...

Oops can't believe I forgot that!

Feel free to email me at mgleeson@collegefanz.com

Mike