Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Lauren Jackson to miss 2015 season

Lauren Jackson will miss the 2015 WNBA season - her third in a row.

Is her career over?

Right-hip surgery in September was supposed to get Jackson back on the court by November. Instead, she’s had multiple follow-up surgeries on her right knee.

“I’m sure people doubt whether I can make a full comeback, but I can’t think like that,” Jackson said after her hip surgery. “I know I have potential, and I want to go out on a good note. I don’t have anything to prove. I’ve just had too good of a career there (Seattle) to let that fall by the wayside.”


This is interesting:

She said she regrets playing for the Storm in 2012, when she appeared in nine regular-season games and the first round of the playoffs. She missed the 2013 WNBA season because of a right-hamstring injury.

To me, Lauren Jackson is one of the greatest players ever. She's still sixth on the WNBA's all-time points list and fourth in points per game, despite that she hasn't played a full season since 2011.

Lauren Jackson, we didn't know you long enough.

*Sigh*

No comments: