Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Brittney Griner enters domestic violence diversion program

On the heels of last week's incident with fiance Glory Johnson, Brittney Griner has entered a domestic violence program that includes counseling:

Griner pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct, but that plea will be set aside while she attends 26 weeks of domestic violence counseling. All charges will be dismissed if she successfully completes counseling, according to her attorney, David Michael Cantor.

"It is never OK for an argument to turn physical," Griner said in a statement released through Cantor. "This will never happen again, and I take my relationship and my responsibility as a role model seriously. I am committed to making positive changes and I plan to use what I have learned to set a good example and help make a difference in the world around me."


The program was part of a plea deal.

Griner's season in the WNBA will not be affected.

Bits from the 9-1-1 call.

No comments: