Sunday, October 2, 2011

Lets get this finals party started

Finals preview.

The Dream is getting ready for their second shot at the title.

Lynx forward Seimone Augustus expects a fast-paced game today.

The previously-injury-plagued Augustus is ready.....with a little help from WNBA MVP Tamika Catchings.

Augustus interview.

What happened to Minnesota this year to get them in a finals position? Lots of stuff.

Maya Moore remains a winner.

Finals blog.

Interesting piece.......Dream forward Angel McCoughtry apparently isn't herself when she's on the court: she's her alter ego "Lori Ann." Coach Marynell Meadors, whom Lori Ann dissed last week when she was trying to pull her out of the game for a sub, says this:

“Angel is so competitive, and people mis-read that as having an attitude and things,” Meadors said. “She does not have an attitude; she has a confidence that a lot of people don’t have. But when she walks between the lines, she’s going after the win.”

Hmmmm.

I should have thought of that when I was younger and had trouble controlling my emotions.

2 comments:

Nat said...

Now I guess I have an excuse too....

Sue Favor said...

I don't know - I guess it just seems like the WNBA was reading all the negative comments everywhere about McCoughtry's bad behavior the other night, and they decided to publish this. I'm suspicious.

Why didn't they make up an alter ego for Diana Taurasi?

We live in a society of excuse-making, which is part of our current downfall.