Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"They're" saying that Tina Thompson is coming to LA and Lisa Leslie is retiring soon

Word out on the message boards is that former Comet Tina Thompson is about to be signed tomorrow by the LA Sparks.

I got a season ticket holder email from the Sparks at 8:28 p.m. promising a "major announcement featuring one of your favorite 'SMOOTH' players" tomorrow. So that's obviously about the other rumor floating around this evening, and that is that Lisa Leslie will retire after this season.

I'm not surprised by either announcement, if rumors are true, and I am happy about both.

I've always loved Tina Thompson. She's a great player and a classy one, and she's like a big sister to Candace Parker. She'd be great to have on the Sparks.

I think Leslie is coming back one more time to try and get that last WNBA championship ring. Like her or not, she's a competitor, and it's probably still bothering her that they muffed it up last September.

So this is it: three towers. Parker, Thompson, Leslie.

I think I just got excited about the Sparks again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister!

Sue Favor said...

:-D

So nice to see you, big sis. And I knew you'd understand.