Monday, September 20, 2010

Big news!

Many New York Liberty fans have finally got their wish: Carol Blazejowski is stepping down as president and general manager.

Mechelle Voepel mulls Cappie Pondexter's decision to forego the world championships.

She also discusses why she thinks Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson are the best point guard-center combo in the world. Fantastic piece, and I agree with Voepel: they're the best. So does everyone else who knows anything about the game that I've talked to since last Thursday.

Collegiately speaking, Virginia Coach Debbie Ryan is ready to fill the gaping hole left by Monica Wright. Which gives me pause to recall a brief exchange she and I had after the Lynx' last game at Staples Center this year. She was much smaller than I thought she'd be......I mean, such a giant in the game couldn't be my height, could she? I asked her what she'd learned this year and she named a couple things and then said, "and several tricks of the trade." She looked to the side nervously and added, "but I can't really say what those are."

Young people are so sweet.

Paul Westhead brings his past into the new season with the Oregon Ducks.

No comments: